Thursday, April 26, 2012

WB Unit9


Unit-9       Workbook

Lesson A        Things happen
Ex1.    1. were running, were riding, were listening, decided, bumped, rode
            2. happened, was studying, walked, saw, was getting, forgot, was standing, said, was                               walking, went
 Ex2.    2. Chris was telling a joke when Maria got to the party.
            3. Jeff accidentally deleted all of Yuri’s files when he was trying to fix her computer
            4. Ryan and I were eating lunch when our server spilled coffee all over us
            5. Ming and Wei was going home to Beijing, but the airline sent their suitcases to Paris
            6. Trish was talking on her cell phone, and she was running right into me
Ex3.    1. A guy was having his lunch in the park. He was reading a book that is full of                                         adventures, but suddenly dog appeared and eating his lunch
            2. A guy was riding a bike. He was talking a girl while he was ridding but he didn’t                                  consider his way then hit the tree
 Ex4.   2. When a friend of mine called the other day when I was bathing
            3. Last week, I was eating dinner and watching TV when my brother came home.
            4. I was talking to some friends once when my dog lost
            5. When the teacher walked into the classroom the other day, I was talking with my                                  classmates
            6. I was trying to look cool once when I met my childhood’s friend
Lesson B        Parts of the body

Ex1. Down: 1. Head
            2. Foot
            3. Wrist
            5. Elbow
            6. Neck
            8. Chest
            9. Arm
            10. Leg
  Across: 2. Face
            4. Shoulder
            6. Nose
            7. Back
            9. Ankle
            11. Thumb
B         1. B     2. B     3. C     4. A     5. C     6. A     7. A     8. C     9. B     10. A
Ex2.    2. How did she hurt herself?
            3. How did they hurt themselves?
            4. How did he hurt himself?
Ex3.    –Why were you looking at other direction?
            - Who is the guy?
            - Was he playing with you?
            - Where was he standing?
Lesson C        That’s really funny
Ex1.1  1. You don’t believe what I did last week. I was riding my bike with a friend in City Park
            2. Oh, that’s beautiful park
            3. Yeah, it is. Anyway, my friend and I were talking about going to Australia
            4. Australia? That sounds like a fun trip
            5. Yeah, -there’s more. I wasn’t paying attention and ran right into a woman in front of                             me
            6.  I bet she wasn’t too happy!
2.         1. Guess what I did? I woke up late this morning, and it was after 10.30.
            2. You’re kidding! That late?
            3. Yeah. So I jumped out of bed, got dressed and ran all the way to school
            4. The whole day? I bet you were exhausted!
            5. Yeah, I was. And when I got to class, I saw that I was wearing different sneakers!
            6. I bet no one even noticed
3.         1. Do you remember my cousin, Courtney? Well, one day last summer she was riding her              horse when the horse fell
            2. Oh, my gosh! That’s awful.
            3. I know. The horse fell right on top of her, and she couldn’t get up. But my father                                  nearby
            4. That was lucky!
            5. Yeah, It was. My dad took her to the hospital, and she’s ok now.
            6. I bet you’re happy about that.
Ex2.    2. I bet she is ok
            3. I bet you are angry
            4. I bet your friends are angry
            5. I bet you were embarrassed
            6. I bet you are lucky
Lesson D        Good things happen
Ex1     A         Strange lights
            B         1. F      2. T      3. F      4. F      5. F      6. T      7. T      8. F
Ex2     1. When, while, when             2. While, when, when, while

No comments:

Post a Comment